Thursday, September 29, 2011

Introduction

Hello, my name is Otilio Rios Jr.
So, the obvious question is “Ok. Well what are you going to do Otilio?” Well, I aim to make music, to put it simply. I’ve been a guitarist for about three years now, and the styles I play include classical, acoustic, rock, and some metal. So I’m somewhat familiar with music, but I’ve decided to take the next leap forward. Playing another’s music can be difficult, but writing your own music is even more difficult; as a musician it makes sense to go from playing another’s music to writing your own if you want to improve your skill. The only problem is that writing music takes knowledge of music theory and composition, which I don’t have knowledge of. So how did I face this issue? With a trip to Barnes and Noble. I bought two books there “The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Music Theory”, and “Music Composition for Dummies.” Do I consider myself a complete idiot or a dummie? No, but these books are great for an introductory knowledge of a subject, and that’s exactly what I need introductory knowledge. So with that I begin my quest to write my own pieces of musical work. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It’s awesome that you have taken the initiative to take your talent to the next level. One big accomplishment is not just learning how to play and instrument but to read music and now try to compose music is striving for maximum potential in something I hope is your passion. I just want to congratulate you for not conforming and wanting to be better. That says a lot about you and I hope you grow as a person through this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Music is important factor in most people’s lives. It embodies so many feeling and emotions. Being able to write music is a wonderful gift and it also gives you a chance to expose the real Otilio to the rest of the world. This will be a good idea for you because it also gives you a chance to better your music career as well. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete